Thursday, March 02, 2006

Over The Hump...?

It's finally March! I know for most of you that means absolutely nothing, but in the hectic world of Troy, that's big news. That means that the stress level decreases and amount of time increases. Finally, the hard part of the year is done. Christmas, New-Year's All-Nighter, Budget meetings, Ski Retreat, Superbowl Party, YAC (which we didn't do much with this year), Lay Speaker's Retreat, 30 Hour Famine, and of course, all my ordination stuff that was thrown in this year (I passed my exam, woo hoo!), plus the every day activities that go on here at Fire & Water Ministries, including starting up Home Bible Studies. So busy. For some reason, March is busy too, but it seems like stuff that is a little easier to deal with. Sermon series, website up and running, Real World Retreat and my trip to PDYM in Cali. That's why I wonder if I'm actually over the hump yet. Easter still to come. Our bi-annual Dan's Fish Fry.

We're really busy people. It's kind of crazy. Yet, according to all the research, we have more free time in our lives than anyone else in history. What's even funnier is in the sermon series going on here at the church, I'm the one who gets the section about slowing down to pray, taking time out of our busy lives for God. It still amazes me how easy it is to fit a two hour movie, the three hours a week we have of American Idol, or a 3 hour sports game into our schedules, but ten minutes with God is our max.

Life won't slow down. You have to slow it down...

Ps. 46:10 - Be still, and know that I am God.

No comments: