Monday, June 26, 2006

Back From Alive

Sorry it's been a while, but I was at the Alive Music Festival in Ohio last week with Stephen and Shawn. Following Liz's set of posts, here are some things I learned last week...

~Zippers on tents let in water if it rains enough.
~When huddling for safety in a huge tent, you have to hold the wood poles to keep the tent up and stay away from the metal poles so you don't get electrocuted.
~Ephram Smith doesn't like Batman (okay, not really, but he gave the same talk to us as he did at Ichthus).
~Toby Mac really needs to finish his new album.
~Troy really needs to get to work on his album.
~Troy also needs to start practicing guitar more again (thank you Lincoln Brewster).
~God's grace is amazing! (I can go for hours on this one...)
~Sleeping in a church van is more comfortable than you would think.
~When Stephen says his cell phone battery is low, it means he can still text a few hundred more messages.
~Instead of changing your behavior, as most Christians try to do, you should exchange your life for a new one (thank you David Nassar).
~I missed my last chance to ever see Audio Adrenaline... and I'm still okay with it. I also missed Backstreet Boy Brian Littrell... also okay with it.
~Showering on a hot day while camping isn't fun.
~There is a difference between experience and life changing experience (thank you Justin Lookadoo, or Bugaloo, or whatever your last name is).
~Even after being a Christian since birth, I still have things I need to change, I am still capable of changing those things, and I am changing.
~I have a list of songs that we need to introduce in NewSong (if you don't know what that is, ask).
~I love my wife and miss her when I'm gone, and I am completely lucky to have her.
~Even if your music sucks, you sound horrible, and I hate sitting through your 45 minutes of nothing, you can win back my respect when the guitarist backflips off a speaker while playing.
~"53900"
~People can come to a saving knowledge of Christ and start a relationship with Him at Christian Music Festivals.
~I eat less while camping. I also need to get outside more.
~Mud ruins shoes.
~God has a plan.
~Even though everyone else there is excited to see a band, that doesn't make them good.
~There are less bands out there that are 100% live than there used to be.
~Worshipping God is waaaaaaay better than listening to a punk band who's drummer can't wear a shirt.

That's all I got for now. Peace out :)

T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN to all that