Monday, January 08, 2007

They Like Jesus, But Not The Church

I haven't read it, but it's the title of a new book that caught my attention (http://www.amazon.com/They-Like-Jesus-but-Church/dp/0310245907). That's right, there's so much information on this someone was able to write a book.

So how does it happen? How is it that people like Jesus but don't like the body that is supposed to be representing Him?

Which makes me think how far off are we from being like Christ? When you go to church on Sunday morning, do you see Jesus in other people? Do they act, think talk, behave, love like you think Jesus would?

What about you? Someone told me long ago if you want to fix your church, draw a circle on the ground, get in it and start praying for the member of the church in the circle first.

No real answers, just questions. If I knew the answer, I'd be doing more to fix the problem, but how do you lovingly help people see where their spirit really is?

T

No comments: