Tuesday, April 24, 2007

"Religion Of The Cross"

I've started a new book this week that will keep me busy for eons to come. It's almost as thick as my copy of "War & Peace" to give you some idea. Anyway, it's a collection of Celtic myths and legends. I'll be honest, I've found the introduction incredibly interesting as it tells how the Celtic language is one of the oldest languages on earth and is a cousin of Sanskrit spoken in India. But I digress...

So I finished today the story of "The Ever-Living Ones", their story of creation and the war between the children of Danu (good guys) and the children of Domnu (bad guys). Really interesting, good guys win after all sorts of stuff happening but Domnu after the defeat of her children has a curse put on the survivors that good will fade to evil, judges will make unjust laws, trees will be without fruit, etc., etc. Then it mentions how these things took place and the religion of Mil was forgotten.

But then it says this one little line in passing that caught me, how "...the religion of the Cross replaced that of the Circle..." and it just struck me. We say all sorts of things that Christians are supposed to be and believe and act and what not. But it all boils down to the cross. All we do, all we say, all we live for should come back to the Cross of Christ and we should be recognized as that. Children of the Cross.

So as you do what you do tomorrow or the day after that or whatever, look and ask are you a part of the religion of the Cross, does what you say and do and believe point back to the Cross of Christ.

Gal. 6:14 ~ As for me, however, I will boast only about the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ; for by means of his cross the world is dead to me, and I am dead to the world. (italics added)

T

No comments: