Thursday, August 16, 2007

Why Always Me?

I don't know why, but for some reason people always pick me to be messed up because I'm a youth pastor. Today, no different. I'm getting the oil changed in Lorie's car. Now, before I left we packed it up with boxes and other things because we're moving at the end of the month, so we've been taking things over a little at a time. Basically, the back of Lorie's car is full of boxes, a waffle iron we got for our wedding, her scrapbooking stuff, my computer manuals, etc.

So, I'm sitting reading, the guys are working on our car and one guy starts out of nowhere:

"What do you do?"
"What?" - That'd be me
"What do you do for a living?"
"I'm a youth minister."
"Oh, that explains it."
"Explains what?"
"All the stuff in your car."

Um, what?! How does me being a youth pastor mean the waffle iron and the scrapbooking stuff is normal? "You're a youth pastor? They all have cars full of crap, so that's why you do too." I mean seriously, what?!

On that note, bedtime, first McPrayer tomorrow...

T

1 comment:

liz simmonds said...

tee hee!
i think all the kid stuff in my car camoflages the 'youth minister' look.