Wednesday, January 02, 2008

So Much Pain

For all of you who felt the need to be at home and sleep, you missed the all-nighter on New Year's, fun for all. But here's my problem. I am so sore. And I mean sore. I hurt before it was even over.

So I got to thinking about how our bodies heal ourselves and I started to wonder. Why is it when we are pushing our bodies too hard our muscles tighten up? I guess the pain it causes stops us from pushing even harder, but seriously, why couldn't they go a little more limp? Why does my back feel like it's being pushed downward? Maybe lying on the floor, my muscles in a pool like jell-o isn't the right answer, and I know God orchestrated it so our bodies would work this way for a reason, but is there no other way?

I guess I could drug myself up, but that scares me more than tight muscles. I guess I'll have to get out all the muscle massaging things Lorie has gotten me for my birthday and Christmas.

Come to think of it, she's gotten me a lot of stuff like that. How old does she think I am?

Off to polish my walker...

T

No comments: