Monday, March 31, 2008

What Is A Saint?

The other day I was reading about a guy named Ambrose Bierce, a writer in the late 19th century. In his writings he would use words in different ways to be funny, ah how the 19th century writers were amusing.

Anyway, he redefined the word "saint" one day to be this: A dead sinner, revised and edited.

Now that seemed interesting to me. I know what he was going for, saints are simply people who died, but once dead their stories were made to be much better and they were venerated. Yeah, okay, but think about it. If Christ has made us new, aren't all of us who follow Christ technically saints, and aren't all our stories "revised and edited"?

I hope so, it's the only chance I have!

II Cor. 5:17 ~ This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! (NLT)

T

2 comments:

liz simmonds said...

AMEN!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Fragmentadora de Papel, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://fragmentadora-de-papel.blogspot.com. A hug.