Monday, October 23, 2017

Egg Nog

I love egg nog. I mean really love it. It's fantastic. It's one of those drinks that warms my heart and hurts it at the same time. It's fantastic.

The other day I saw it in stores. Already. It's the middle of October and egg nog is for sale!

And that is horrible.

Why? Because I love egg nog. Every year the same thing happens. I see egg nog on sale for the first time that year. I quickly buy some to drink of it's liquid gold. Lorie says she will have a bit, but usually has half a cup and doesn't want any more. That's more for me. So much more. Too much more. And after downing a half gallon of nog in under 24 hours I get tired of it. So tired of it I don't drink it again for the season. When Christmas rolls around the drink that reminds me of my childhood repulses me because I drank too much too soon. I couldn't wait.

I wonder if this is part of the reason God takes His time blessing us or telling us His plans. Do I treat His gifts like egg nog, I see it and need it now, as much as possible in the quickest amount of time?

I'm trying to wait this year, but it's hard. Egg nog is soooo good.

T