Monday, April 30, 2018

Are You Famous?

I read a great quote the other day:

If you have to tell people you're famous, then you’re technically not that famous. - David Spade

First off, that made me laugh. Especially since I heard it in my head with David Spade's voice. But then I really got to think about it. It's like when someone has to explain to you that they are cool or they are nice. My initial reaction is always, "Are you sure?" Usually if you are a nice person I can figure it out on my own, I don't need to you to tell me.

Is this true of out faith too? It hurts to read, but put your relationship with Jesus into that statement. "If you have to tell people you're a follower of Christ, then you're not technically that much of a follower of Christ." That sounds painful and wrong, but is it? I'm not saying anyone who sees you from a distance should know what you believe by what you wear or something crazy like that, but if you are so dedicated to Jesus it emanates from you do you need to explain it?

One of my favorite verses: But we Christians have no veil over our faces; we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord. And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like him. ~ II Corinthians 3:18 (TLB)

Generally if people see a reflection in a mirror, no one needs to explain it...

T

No comments: