Monday, January 09, 2006

Why Bother?

Okay, I have to add another one today, but this is just beyond me in some way...

I'm in Kroger doing my grocery shopping. La di da. Then, I guess on my way out, I dropped a packet of brown gravy. Yeah, a whole 50 cents worth of Kroger brand tastiness. I didn't know I was missing it and to be honest, I probably wouldn't have cared too much when I got home.

But the Kroger lady cared. She saw it on the ground, knew it was mine from checking out, then took the time and effort to find me in the parking lot (I was already in my car driving away), flag me down and give it to me. And all I could think of was, "Why would she bother? It's not like her job makes her." Is that really how rare kindness is? When someone does something nice we wonder, "Why Bother?" Kind of gives me a hint as to how much kindness is in me.

T

No comments: