Saturday, October 14, 2006

Take It With A Grain Of Salt

I like to read, trivia is fun, and I'm always interested in all sorts of weird facts. But then today, I was reading something that reminded me that all information is slanted. Meaning, it all comes from someone's point of view. I was reading about rings and diamonds and the page added a fact that we all know and love.

Experts say that you should spend two months salary on an engagement ring.

That makes sense, right? You've heard that before, of course. Then below that, it said this.

But remember, these experts, it's their job to sell diamond rings.

What a surprise that these "experts" are making up facts to promote their own well-being. So as you read and learn and see plenty of weird and wonderful facts on the internet, always ask this question. Who's saying it and why? It may help determine the validity of the fact :)

T

No comments: