Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas Shopping

Sorry it's been a few days. We were gone for Thanksgiving and then with my birthday on a Sunday, it was a busy weekend.

But over the weekend I noticed something. Black Friday. The holy day of shopping. Lorie's family always does the same thing, they buy the $4 paper with 2000 ads (how many trees do we kill for this) and find the best deals.

And all these deals worked. There were people out shopping in the wee hours of the morning (my father-in-law was up at 2:00). And they shopped. But something I've picked up from talking with people. A lot of people were not shopping for others. The computer and TV deals were not for gifts, they were for themselves.

Think we're losing a bit of the spirit behind Christmas? First it was present over Jesus, now it seems to be me over others. I hope it's not a trend...

T

No comments: