Monday, February 22, 2016

Is It About Us?

This has been something weighing on my mind this morning:

When was the last time I worshipped in a way that I found uncomfortable, but I did it so someone else could find God?
When was the last time I prayed for something I didn't want, but I knew it was necessary?
When was the last time I talked to someone I didn't want to, but they needed to be loved even if it's through a tiny conversation?
When was the last time I served when I really just wanted to stay home?
When was the last time I read my Bible when a hockey game was on?
When was the last time I sang a song I didn't really like in church but knew it was speaking to the heart of someone else there?
When was the last time I gave money to God that I could have spent on myself?
When was the last time I helped or served in a way I didn't like but knew it would help someone else?
When was the last time I listened to an opinion I didn't agree with, but listened and did not try to force in my thoughts?
When was the last time I did anything difficult for me just so someone else could have a glimpse of Christ and His incredible love for someone?

When was the last time I asked myself the hard questions, wrestled with them, and actually tried to be more of who Christ wants me to be?

T

No comments: