Sunday, July 17, 2016

Leech Lake - Sunday

Hey everyone, we arrived safe and sound. We have had dinner (wild rice farmed by the people here), gone through orientation and learned a little more about the people we will be serving with this week. We are one of 5 churches, so there's a lot of people ready to show the love of Jesus.

Each night we will be sharing stories from our students on where they saw Jesus today, what they did, how they experienced God's love, etc. So for tonight, here are a few first impressions. Enjoy!




We’re finally here! It was a very long trip, but we made pretty good time I think. It was definitely good that it was not hot outside today, because that made the bus ride much more bearable. We didn’t have any vehicle issues like flat tires either, which was great! Now that we are here, it is very interesting to see what the other churches are like. Most of them are very small, and we learned that we will not be in groups with them as much as we normally are. This may make it harder to connect with the other churches, but we will definitely still try to talk to them and get to know them! We also learned a little about the community we are going to be serving in, and it sounds like it is going to be a very interesting and new experience. I am very excited to begin serving tomorrow! -Megan


After what seemed like forever, we are finally here. My legs are probably going to be sore for the next few days but I’m excited to be here. I’m very glad that the school we are staying at is nice and that there are showers on site. We got to play a few games with the other churches when we first arrived and all the people seem to be very friendly and easy to get along with. I’m going to keep an open mind about everything this week and I am very excited to get to work and share God’s love with this community! -Scott

After a full day in the bus we have finally arrived in Minnesota. The trip down thankfully wasn’t too bad. We had no vehicle issues and luckily most people got some rest in during the drive (I would not be on that list though). Also I may have found my new favorite thing already on this mission trip. It’s called a trailer. The use of the beautiful invention made the bus extremely pleasant as I was in it all day long and was actually cold. When we got to the school that we are staying at we were greeted with a big smile from the Youthworks staff and then were able to talk to people from the other churches. After talking with other churches it has become very clear that most of them have never gotten to go a mission trip and I’m hoping that I can help them to have a good time and want to come out and serve God more! I’m excited to start working tomorrow and see what God has in store for me. Please pray for us, the other churches, and the Youthworks staff that we can just go out and show Gods love. -Kaili

No comments: