Monday, April 17, 2017

"I Am Your Father"

It's one of the most iconic twists in film history, the quintessential snake in the mailbox. The moment when Darth Vader tells Luke Skywalker that he is Luke's father.

Sorry if I spoiled that for you, but my guess is you've already heard it. I've heard it. I've seen it hundreds of times. It's a story I've watched over and over and now mentioning that twist isn't news, it's a normal everyday thing to me.

But it's not for these people. There was a trend a few years ago where people captured their children's, spouses', friends' reactions to this iconic scene. You can see a few of them below.





Here's my question for you: Yesterday you (probably) along with over a billion other people heard the story of Jesus' resurrection. Or reheard. Or heard it for the thousandth time. But does is still shake you to the core? Does it change you? When you hear that our Savior rose from the dead is it a shock like the people in the video or is it like me, an everyday occurrence being highlighted again?

Hear the story with fresh ears. See it with fresh eyes. Put yourself in the story. Witness it. How amazing is it? How much does it change you?

Today is the day after Easter. How is your life changed the day after the shock of Christ literally defeating death?

T

No comments: