Sunday, July 14, 2019

Niagara Falls - Day 1

Hey everyone, we made it here safely. Thanks for all the prayers and support. Today was mostly travelling with a little bit of information about our community (we covered everything from getting stuffed friends to the fact the city of Niagara Falls has over 60% of people on some sort of government assistance).

But as always, I'd rather let the students tell you their stories and where they saw Jesus today. Enjoy!


Today was the first day of the mission trip. We got to leave at 7AM! That was great, and then we all slept on the bus despite the late hour. Eventually I was the only one awake so I read my bible. I read Ecclesiastes and that was whack. Then we ate lunch and I ate Vietnamese food and it was good. Then we arrived eventually and met some great people and we were filled with the Lord and it was good. I thank the Lord for the amazing people we met and the opportunity to serve others. –Carson

Day 1 and I am already seeing God all around us. Of course that is possible anywhere you are in the world, but this site is overflowing with God’s love. Seeing the exhausted YouthWorks staff just shows how hard they work every week to keep this site and community running. I hope in the future I will be given the opportunity to work for YouthWorks at a mission site in college. They look so happy to be working as the hands and feet of God. Please pray for us this week, so that we may be able to spread God’s love like staff does and how God wants us to. –Delaney

What is up world? It is officially the end of day one and a few interesting things have happened. The first interesting  thing was the fact that I was able to sleep on the bus the entire way up here, which is something I never thought I’d be able to do, so yay God for allowing me to get the proper rest to prepare for this week and go out and serve him best I can. The second thing that happened today that I feel a strong need to share is the fact that we went to lunch at a mall, and like many malls it contained a Build-A-Bear. After passing by the store for a second time a few of us knew we needed to ask Troy if we could go build one. After I asked him, he just looked at us and said “let’s go” and proceeded to take four teenagers girls to Build-A-Bear, where we made great economic decisions because our bears were all on sale. After securing the bears it was back to the bus, where I continued my previous nap and then in what felt like a weirdly short amount of time we had arrived. The YouthWorks staff greeted us with smiles on their faces and the few I’ve been able to talk to have been so nice and welcoming. I look forward to continue growing my relationships with the staff here at Niagara, as well as go out tomorrow and begin building relationships in the community. Please pray, or continuing praying for everyone on this trip, and for everyone that we will hopefully make a difference for this trip. -Kaili


   

No comments: