Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Fast Change

Why is change so slow? After my little rant and rave yesterday, today was completely different.

Today, change happened quickly (although it was supposed to happen a while ago). The new church website is up and running. We installed the projector in the youth room. I found out the sermon series for the next month and a half that I will be doing a lot of in NewSong today (it starts Sunday! Easter!!).

Whenever I have days like today, it makes me wonder what took so long in the first place? Why do we take so long to initiate change, even when it's necessary and/or all the components for change are right there?

It's funny, we have a few people at the church that do not like change. I won't go into details, but there have been a few changes made in the past few weeks, changes for the better, but people have been against those changes. They want things to stay the same, no matter what.

It kind of goes with a quote I heard the other day. "The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth." Something to think about...

T

No comments: