Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Wanting To Want

Yeah, it's a weird title, but I'll explain...

Have you ever noticed that sometimes a desire can seem to fizzle? I've been thinking about this a lot lately as I sometimes hit a funk where I don't really "feel" like reading my Bible. Why on earth would I feel that way? Why wouldn't I want to read my Bible?

And so that's my new prayer, for the next little while. I don't just want to read my Bible, I want to want to read my Bible. I want to want to pray. I want to want to get closer to God. I was thinking of it this way (for some reason), some people want a spouse, boyfriend/girlfriend, whatever, but then there's others that want to be in love. Simply having that person isn't enough, they want to want that person.

Just something to think about. Is prayer a chore? Or do you want to pray? Is church a pain to go to Sunday morning, or do you actually want to be there? Do you read your Bible because you feel you need to or because you want to?

It makes a difference. Trust me. Or ask anyone who is in a relationship, that got the spouse they dreamed of, but didn't want to be with them...

T

No comments: