Saturday, June 16, 2007

Do You Need Forgiveness?

I know, lots of questions lately, but this one hit me today while watching a movie. One of the characters had seen something violent on TV, and I don't mean bloody slasher violent, I mean like WWE Wrestling violent. He asked someone what they thought of this and the other person said, "You should pray for forgiveness."

And I remember thinking why. What's the big deal? He just watched something stupid. Why ask forgiveness? Why pray?

That's when I realized I'm screwed up. Um, shouldn't we be asking God to forgive everything we do wrong, no matter how big or how little? When did I decide what was worth forgiving? When did I get the power to decide what's bad and what's really bad? Then I started wondering how many "insignificant" sins have I piled up?

Maybe we should be praying for every little thing...

Jeremiah 16:17 ~ I am watching them closely, and I see every sin. They cannot hope to hide from me.

I John 1:7b ~ Then the blood of Jesus, God’s Son, cleanses us from every sin.

T

No comments: