Monday, March 22, 2010

Do You Know The Whole Story?

Sorry, first, the 30 Hour Famine. We're still collecting money but it looks like we will have raised over $1500, so good job everyone!

But, the main point of this blog. Yesterday, on too many occasions I was involved in people talking about something in which they didn't know the whole story. Which is scary for a couple of reasons. One, they are talking about something in which they don't know all the facts, but for some reason feel they know enough to educate others. It's like being taught to drive by someone who has their learner's permit, it just doesn't feel safe.

What scares me more than these few thinking they have all the facts is the people listening thinking they have all the facts. So now, instead of them looking for the information themself, they are taking these pieces of truth as the whole truth.

I hope people don't just take what is said to them at face value. I include myself with that. I hope when I say something at church or I speak to the students, they don't just go, "Well, if Troy said it it must be true." There's a reason I try hard to put lots of Scripture references whenever I speak so people can go back to see where I got this idea from and see if my conclusions are right or wrong.

So I hope before you speak your mind, it's full. Your mind has all the facts. Just my thought of the day.

T

No comments: