Sunday, July 18, 2021

Leech Lake - Day 1

We are here! To be honest, there is not a lot to share today because we spent 14 hours of our day on the road. However, a few highlights:

We are staying in the town of LaPorte, population 111. Youthworks being here increases the population of the town 30%.

Youthworks has been in this area for 18 years. Last week they painted a home that was one of their first service projects 18 years ago.

We are focusing on who are neighbors are this week. That being said... who's your neighbor? (Luke 10:25-37 is the Scripture we are using to learn about this)


But, let's hear from some of our students on how their day went.

We left at 4:30 in the morning today, and drove 14 hours to make it to our site. Some people slept for a while, while others drove or just talked about past memories. Tomorrow we will go to our service projects and I just pray that we are able to help make a difference in someone’s life. -Callie

Hello everyone, if you’re reading this I want to say thank you for taking the time out of your day to read what we have to say. We left really early today and that wasn’t the coolest but its really cool that we are here now. Well anyway thank you so much for reading and have a great day. – Noah

This last week I was at summer camp and got little sleep as I was an “adult” and had to be up and ready to run showers for the scouts. At night I stayed up late so I got at most 15 hours of sleep in the week. When I got home on Saturday I slept for over 10 hours probably. I got up at 3 in the morning and left for church. We prayed and then off we went. I was up for an hour or so then I was out until we stopped for gas. Then I slept more before lunch. In the Van I got to talk to Mr. Henke and Mrs. Ellcessor and learned a lot about them and their families which was awesome. I look forward to learning more about LaPorte and the Cass Lake communities and the history of the Native Americans that live here. My Group is lucky enough to get Kids Club at the end of the week which should be a nice rest after being at work projects the first two days. As for tomorrow my group is at Joy’s House and I look forward to seeing what that entails for the group. -Luke


No comments: