Saturday, July 24, 2021

Leech Lake - Day 5/6

I apologize that we are just getting to our stories from the last two days tonight. Thursday was a full day, it was our last day of serving (all of FIRE & WATER got to be together with kids that afternoon!), we visited the headwaters of the Mississippi, we shared our stories, we washed each others' feet and prayed for each other, and we stayed up late into the night just talking.

So after a late night Friday was a really, really early morning with us getting on the road super early, a little bit of a rest in Eau Claire, WI (thank you Lake Street United Methodist Church for hosting us), and hours of conversation about our trip and Jesus.

We hope to be home safe and sound tomorrow, but before we go here are a few more stories from our students. Thank you to everyone who have been praying for and supporting this mission trip, thank you for helping students share the love of Jesus and discover a little more about who He is. But now if you will excuse me, the girl's are screaming outside because they saw a bat...

Today we drove back from Minnesota, we stopped at a church to spend the night. As we drove back I thought about this week and what impacted me the most and it had to be being at Iris’s and seeing people get food. I loved seeing the different reactions of people receiving there food. Some were happy and some were almost embarrassed which I can get because no one want to admit they need help. Overall I enjoyed the whole trip. -Abraham

Today we left the Youthworks site this morning, and I was just thinking about what I really did this week. It was my first Mission Trip, and I really had a lot of fun. I got to meet a lot of new people, and it was just really fun. -Robert

Usually I write 15 paragraphs when I do blogs but I think I will spare you all tonight. Today is the last day on my last ever mission trip. Yesterday night was filled with a lot of emotions, crying, and feelings of impending change for me. It was really great to be surrounded by my friends but change is scary and leaving this youth group is proving to be very hard. I have grown up in this church and I cannot remember a time when I was not in youth ministry at Fishers UMC. I will save all of the sappy feelings for later but I will be forever grateful for all Fire & Water has done for me spiritually and personally. On the verge of tears I will say, thank you to all my friends and all of the adult leaders for giving me such an important part of my life. Greetings and goodbye from Eau Claire, Wisconsin. -Lauren


No comments: