Tuesday, April 07, 2009

New Coat Of Paint

It's amazing the difference a new coat of paint can make. Yesterday we painted the Youth Room (we still have more to do for those who can help Wed. at 10:00am...) and it's amazing the difference. Just a little paint on the walls makes it look a thousand times better.

And then we painted some benches that are going in the Youth Room too. An hour before they looked like hacked up piece of wood, now they look like something you might actually want to sit on.

It got me thinking if my life needs a new coat of paint. I know Christians don't like to talk about how they live their lives, we're saved by grace and that's all we need, but does the way I handle myself befit Christ? Am I talking in a way that reflects my faith? As much as we hate to admit it, we judge things by their outward appearances, like benches and rooms (if you don't believe me, go to your next job interview without showering wearing a T-shirt with holes in it). Is the outward part of my faith reflecting the inward part?

T

No comments: