Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Coins In A Fountain

This has so little to do with anything, but I sometimes see how people behave and go, "Why? Just... why?"

One for today that I was just reminded of, why is it wherever there's water people throw money? I know there are wishing wells, and with that if you see one you are supposed to get a coin, make a wish, and throw the coin in the fountain. Got it. But since when are all bodies of water wishing wells?

Think about it. The fountain at the mall. The ponds in the gardens at the zoo. Even the occasional river. Look in them, there's almost always money. Do we do so many things out of habit in our society that we simply are trained and brainwashed that if we see water we need to throw money in it?

I've been thinking about putting a pond in my front yard just to see how much money I'd get...

T

No comments: