Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Does It Ever Change?

It's funny how being someone who is working at a church of one denomination while holding credentials in another (and my father works at another, and so on) I see how we could do so much working together but at the same time we seem to be so territorial. At one church I worked at the pastor actually told me I could do whatever I wanted with other churches (even in our denomination) as long as the event happened at our church. I mean, really.

But then we go back two thousand years ago to the first church with Jesus.

Luke 9:49 ~ John answered, “Master, we saw someone using your name to force demons out of people. We told him to stop, because he does not belong to our group.” (NCV)

I mean, really! How dare they try to do amazing things for the glory of God somewhere else while we know Jesus is really here with us (so how could He possibly be helping them too?).

Imagine what we could do if after two millennia we shed that idea and worked together...

T

No comments: