Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sleeping? Really?

Sorry, I meant to blog about this last night, but I fell asleep... which is fitting...

Okay, so I like sports. I have no problem watching, playing, cheering for sports. I think they are a little overpaid, but that's just be. Then I saw this.

Ken Griffey Jr., a professional baseball player for the Seattle Mariners fell asleep the other day during the game. And I don't mean he was on the bench and was a little bored. They looked for him to pinch-hit, had to search for him, and found him asleep in the clubhouse.

Now come one! I feel a little sorry for the guy, but you get paid millions of dollars to hit a ball. You should be able to at least watch the game of the team that employs you, let alone hit when they want you to. What kind of message does that send to young players, what kind of work ethic does that teach?

Sorry Griffey, I think you're a nice guy and I'm sorry you're so sleep deprived, but if you're sick, stay home. If you are paid to be at work, you should be awake like the rest of us :)

T

No comments: