Tuesday, May 04, 2010

What Else Could There Be?

Sorry I didn't blog yesterday, I was going to and got sidetracked. No really, I heard yesterday that Americans spend 11 billion dollars a year just on air conditioning (it works out to be 5% of all our energy costs). Crazy right?

But today I was reading my Bible and I've been spending time in the Gospels a lot lately (not a bad thing). And there's one verse that I always wish wasn't quite there or explained more. At the end of John 20 it says, "Jesus did many other miracles in the presence of his followers that are not written in this book." (John 20:30, NCV) and then in the next chapter, "There are many other things Jesus did. If every one of them were written down, I suppose the whole world would not be big enough for all the books that would be written." (John 21:25, NCV)

It just makes me wonder, what else did Jesus do? We think it's pretty amazing that He raised three people from the dead, but those are only the ones we know about. Did He really raise 400 people from the dead? We know He did the loaves and the fish thing twice, did Jesus really do it all the time when people were hungry?

And it makes me think how much easier it must have been to believe Jesus was God, and how many were that much thicker in the head to not see it. Just seeing what we have written should convince everyone, but more? What else did Jesus do?

It's on my list of when I see God questions...

T

No comments: