Sunday, July 15, 2018

Eastern Shore - Day 1

Hey everyone, I apologize that we have been a little quiet but internet and cell service have been a little spotty. But, we will try to get the blogs up every night (if they're not up we will do our best for the next morning). But here are some stories from our trip today. Thanks for your prayers and support!

Troy



I am super exited for the things we will be doing for this mission trip this year about learning to move forward is God’s journey for us.  I can’t wait to meet with kids this week and have fun with all the other people in my group.  In this time we will be spending together as a group I hope to get closer to everyone around me and learn to work will them and make so friends.  I am so happy to help with the people that need my help this week and allow God to lead me though the week.  I hope that we also not just get to help with people but to have fun with them at the same time and change them with the light is shine.  I can’t help but look forward to the beach and the activities we will be doing this week and I wish all of the people around me a happy week.  I think that everyone around me also has a great time this week, I thank everyone for this week and all the fun I am looking forward to this week.
-Elizabeth


We are currently in Onancock, VA. It took 2 vans, 4 adults, a plethora of snacks, and a lot of patience to make it through the 14-hour car ride to get here. We left at 3 am, which is an early start already, but a majority of us stayed up all night. I slept for most of the car ride, but others *cough cough* Troy, had to stay up and drive. Let’s just say, I’m very grateful to say the least.

We got to the church, and were welcomed with open arms by the site coordinators (they are the representatives with Youth Works). We haven’t done any direct service work yet, but I’m excited for when we start yard work and child care tomorrow. I am silently concerned because the youth works staff informed us that most of the kids only speak Spanish. Let’s see if my mediocre grades in Spanish for the past 3 years will get me through!! Please pray for me because I don’t remember anything from Spanish class…L
-Delaney


As my last mission trip is starting it is bittersweet. I am very excited to serve the community here in Onancock, VA and I look forward to these trips all year. Time spent with my church family on these trips is always some of the best moments to think back on throughout the year and hopefully many memories will be made on this final trip.

We arrived safely and got all set up in the United Methodist Church we’re staying in and I am very excited to start serving the community tomorrow. I’ve been preparing for this week for quite a bit and am hopeful to serve this community to the best of my ability. I am luckily in a group which is serving the community in ways other than kids clubs as frequently as others which is very appealing to me as I am called to serve in other ways. I am very hopeful to see what ways God touches me and those around me on this trip.
-Rachel

No comments: