Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hidden Dangers

For those that don't know, Lorie and I bought a house. We're excited, but at the same time I'm having way too much fun (sarcastically) because there is a ton to fix up.

Today we had our air vents cleaned. It was necessary, especially with everything else that we've found wrong with the house. But today we got a little wake-up call. The cleaners found mold in our air ducts. Not a little. Not mild, weak mold. There were near toxic levels of mold all through our vents and in our heater. They showed us on a "mold meter", light green being safe, purple not good. We were past the darkest level of purple on the meter...

But it made me think about our souls. I'm working on a series we will be doing in Sr. High in November about slowing down and taking time for our inner being, our soul created to be in communication with Christ. And if we aren't paying attention, if we are too busy rushing around, we won't notice when our soul starts to get in trouble, just like the house vents. And just like the house, it's not something you can see. No one knew about the mold problem, even the inspection was unable to see it. No one can see into your soul. Only the Person who can clean our soul knows, and we need to be in touch with Him so we can have our souls in the best condition possible.

Psalm 31:6b-7 ~ I trust in the Lord. I will be glad and rejoice in your unfailing love, for you have seen my troubles, and you care about the anguish of my soul.

Oh, and get your vents cleaned regularly...

T

No comments: