Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Take Things Calmly

I didn't know this until the day after, but yesterday (Monday) was the International Day of Peace. Maybe we should try going for an international year, or century...

But anyway, in my reading about peace I learned a little fact today. I had always heard that when someone is angry they are more likely to have a heart attack (or stroke). But did you know it's 14 times more likely?? And that danger zone lasts two hours after your angry as well.

So if you feel angry, try to calm down, not just for the sake of others, but your own as well.

James 1:19-20 ~ My dear brothers and sisters, always be willing to listen and slow to speak. Do not become angry easily, because anger will not help you live the right kind of life God wants. (NCV)

T

No comments: