Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Common Sense Chain

I think I figured out why I liked that mission statement I posted yesterday. It makes sense. I mean, think about it. If you are going to put in the effort to save something, you must love it in some way. You can't love something you don't know (at least not nearly as well as if you did know it). So, the goal at Animal Kingdom is to inform people, help them know about the animals in our world, in that way they will learn to love them, and once they love them, they will learn to save them.

It reminds me of one of my favorite verses in Romans. "But how shall they ask Him to save them unless they believe in Him? And how can they believe in Him if they have never heard about Him? And how can they hear about Him unless someone tells them?" (Romans 10:14, LB). It's another common sense chain. Too often the church acts like we want people to just magically start trusting God. But how can they trust in God if they don't even know who they are trusting in? They can't trust if they don't believe in Him, they can't believe if they don't know who they are trusting in, and they can't know unless someone tells them.

It's almost Sherlock Holmesish...

T

No comments: