Thursday, August 26, 2010

Holy Pride

Another thought from Romans before I leave it behind for a while. This verse stuck out at me, one of Paul's farewell verses:

Romans 15:17 ~ So I am proud of what I have done for God in Christ Jesus. (NCV)

I guess it hits me because I literally work for Jesus, I'm serve at a church and I sometimes wonder if I am doing a good enough job. Have I put my best foot forward? Have I done the absolute best I can for God that I can? Am I able to one day look back on what I have done for God and be "proud" of what I have done?

But we can all do that. You don't have to work in a church to be proud of what you have done for Jesus. You can do that in your family, in your job, with the people around you, and yes, maybe even at your church for a few hours here or there. As Colossians 3:17 says, "And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father." (NLT). I have that verse taped to my monitor at church to help me remember to do my best all the time for God.

So live a life for Jesus you can be proud of. It will make looking back a whole lot better!

T

No comments: