Saturday, May 09, 2009

Fuel To The Fire

Today Lorie and I watched waaaay too much TV (it was one of those days where your brain realizes you don't have to keep up so it just shuts down) and we ended up watching a show where the people in it were in the Bahamas eating barbecue chicken. And of course only one thing went through my mind. Caribbean Jerk Chicken. Mmmm...

We went shopping and since Lorie didn't want any (she doesn't quite like the spicy) I was all excited to cook this for myself. So I fired up the grill and started the potatoes (they take way longer but taste so good out there) and waited to do the chicken. I got it all spiced perfectly, ready to go. Took it out when it was ready and... no fire. Of all the times, the propane on the grill had run out.

And it got me thinking. How often do we have (or say we have) the fire, the excitement, the whatever it is at our churches but we've forgotten the fuel, prayer, Jesus. You can't have fire without gas. You can't have a place where people can come to meet with God if God isn't there and you haven't invited Him. This was a verse I memorized a long time ago (because it's so short):

I Thessalonians 5:17 ~ Never stop praying. (NLT)

T

No comments: