Saturday, May 02, 2009

"Only Troy"

Apparently this is a common theme that people talk about when mentioning me in Canada. These sorts of things only happen to Troy. And last night was no exception.

Lorie and I drove to London, Ontario. Nothing. The border took about 5 minutes (including waiting in line). Getting to Emily and Brian's, no problem. But then the excitement. The chipmunk.

Apparently on Thursday Brian brought a rug out of the garage and put it in the basement. When he dropped it he saw a chipmunk come shooting out and hide under furniture. After trying to catch him, Brian decided to close him in and try later.

So I showed up later. Last night we went downstairs and could not find him at all (which fostered Emily's fear that he had escaped the basement and was in the house somewhere). Then, after a few minutes, we found him sitting in a pot for a fake tree. Just sitting there, eyes almost closed. So tired, so hungry, so thirsty. I reached down and pet him and he didn't move at all (chipmunks are soft). I gently picked him up and started toward the door... when after a few steps he freaked out and either bit or scratched me (or both) and went flying. Well, a few minutes later we had him caught, but Emily and Lorie are now freaking out that I have rabies (thank you Internet once again).

After talking to a nurse on the phone they were convinced I probably did not have rabies, but I would need a tetanus shot. So this morning, guess what I had to go do? (We don't remember my last one, and you can get that shot over and over).

So yeah, I've been in Canada less than a day and already enjoyed the wildlife :)

T

1 comment:

liz simmonds said...

oh my!

clover may be jealous you were playing with other wildlife!