Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Good Deeds Are Rare

Every once in a while people turn into the church parking lot or the road in front of my house with car problems (you need to get off 116th, trust me). Well, same thing yesterday. This guy was out of gas in front of my house.

So I helped. It didn't seem like I did that much. I gave him a ride to BP and back to his car. That's it. Then, he tried to pay me. And I remember thinking, "Why?" All I did was drive him to the gas station and back, woo.

But it's occurred to me since then, we pay for things that are rare. It is so rare that someone would just help another human being, it's in our mind here that they need to be paid for their services. It's just kind of sad. Are good deeds becoming extinct?

Galatians 6:10a ~ Whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone. (NLT)

T

No comments: