Saturday, May 23, 2009

"God Bless"

Tonight I was flipping around watching TV (I know, surprising), but I happened to come upon a concert that was playing. I stopped for a second. It was a little crazy, singing about anarchy with people spewing fire (did I give it away?). Lots of lights, at least in the 30 seconds I saw.

I was about to change it when they did a huge finale, fun to watch, then the singer says this. "God bless you."

Now I'm not trying to judge here, but I know about the band, they don't believe in God, they're singing a song about anarchy and definitely not promoting "Godly" values in the few seconds I saw, but they still said "God bless you" to the fans at the end of the concert.

How does that work? Do they believe in God? Do they believe but not follow, because that doesn't make sense to me? Do they understand it is a prayer they're offering? Does God see it as that? Is He happy He's mentioned or saddened He's associated with this?

So many questions...

T

No comments: