Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Magically Know

This seemed to be my theme for the day. That people think others around them magically know what's going on. I won't get into details because I might offend someone (I know, I must be in a nice mood) but I think there's a lot of people in the world that need to understand that just because something is in their head does not mean it's in the heads of those around them.

And even if you think the other person knows what you do, so what? Sometimes you need to ask even if you are sure they already know the question. I mean, really, that's kind of what prayer is. God still wants us to ask. There's a commitment in the asking, an acknowledgement that you are asking for something, not just expecting it.

So here's my challenge. Ask. Talk. Communicate. If you want something from somebody, don't take them or their situation (or your friendship, or their job, or their time, etc.) for granted. Don't treat them like you are entitled to them. Be nice.

T

No comments: