Saturday, January 16, 2010

Have A New Husband By Friday

I'm not kidding, it's the name of a book I saw at Barnes and Noble the other day with Lorie. See for yourself:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Have-a-New-Husband-by-Friday/Kevin-Leman/e/9780800719128/?itm=1&USRI=have+a+new+husband+by+friday

Now as I read the description a little better, I see how it's about mutual respect and having realistic expectations of each other, but I'm still a little disturbed by the idea of the title and how people interpret it. One, that it's all the husband's fault (which it usually is, but give us a break), but two, that you can change someone in five days to be who you want them to be.

I think the author is more in line with what I believe (based on the short synopsis online), it's not about changing them exactly, it's about being understanding and loving them for who they are. We should be doing that for everyone! Hey, maybe by doing that, we could change the world in a week...

T

No comments: