Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Concerts...

Okay, so every once in a while I daydream about the old hope and prayer, going out and playing music. I don't even know what I would play, sometimes I want to have a good 80's rock arena fun day, others (sometimes the same day) I'd rather just pack as many people as possible into one room and praise god as loud as possible. Maybe even both in the same concert.

Then I do what I usually do, and that's see how my favorite bands are doing. One, who I won't mention, had on their website the new tour dates (none coming here, of course) and I notice that Toronto, the old stomping grounds, has three days sold out, and another one added like a month later, which is kind of odd. So then I look at the news story saying how this band has managed to sell 500,000 tickets for their tour! A little impressed. Then I read closer. Nope, they sold 502,000 tickets... in the first 48 hours of the tour being announced, 17 cities sold out immediately. Man that would be fun, playing for half a million people (and of course, still playing at the church on the side, I'd miss the 50 diehards in NewSong way too much). One day...

That was useless rambling and pointless information. It must be late. Have a nice day.

T

No comments: