Saturday, December 31, 2005

Tires

Okay, I add this so you can all laugh at me. Life goes this way sometimes...

I have a wonderful, sleek, stylish vehicle (for those that haven't seen it, this is sarcasm. The hood is tied down with rope). It is amazing. I love it so (more sarcasm). Last Sunday, Christmas, after church it was discovered my tire was flat. So, I put a little air in it and left it the car here while I went to the in-laws for Christmas, thinking I would fix it when I get back.

So today I went to do that. I was going to get a new tire put on by the nice people at Pep Boys then thought, "Hmm, do I really want to spend money? I'll just put on the spare." So, after a little hard work I got the flat off and the spare on.

But, would the story end there? No! God has to have more fun with me. The spare... flat. Oh so flat. So I drive my car with the flat to the gas station (its not far, you can see it from my apartment complex). I get there and buy a chocolate bar to get some quarters (Nestle Crunch, mmm) and put air in the spare tire.

Wait, can that be all? No! God's Comedy Central otherwise known as Troy's life isn't that easy. The spare won't take air, it's too far gone. So there I am at the gas station changing tires again, putting the flat back on so I can put air in it to take it to Pep Boys to get the tire changed.

So an hour later from when I should have left, all is well. Or is it? Nope, of course not. Pep Boys is full and can't change the tire, Wal-mart booked up until the end of the night. So I still have a flat. I have a quick fix for now, but my wife is trying to talk me into getting a new car (she doesn't like the rope or something, maybe the noise my door makes when I open it). So, if anyone out there has a cheap car, I need it :) I just hate buying cars, that's why I drive them until they die. But after today... hmm...

T

No comments: