Monday, May 01, 2006

Is It That Hard?

So today I'm home feeling a bit under the weather, which usually means I watch way too much TV, and I see this product on TBN or whatever it is (the Christian Network). http://www.bibleondvd.net/ It's no joke, the Bible on DVD.

At first I think this could be a cool thing, a movie of the entire Bible. No. It's the pages of the Bible with narration and the occasional picture. I kid you not. They showed a family sitting around the TV staring at the page of the Bible some guy was reading to them.

Is it really that hard? Can we not just pick up a book, The Book, and read it anymore? Do we need it on TV read to us? Are we that addicted to the tube? Yes, it's great there's another medium for us to see God through, but come on. I think we've passed the line from a bit much to insane.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go watch someone read the Bible to me on TV (see, it even sounds weird).

T

2 comments:

liz simmonds said...

the promo seriously says 'far beyond mere words on a page'

isn't that what the Bible is--words on a page. isn't that what it's all about--God's Word to us...but no, now we have the dvd which is far beyond mere words...

here's me heaving a big sigh...

Anonymous said...

hmmm...I love movies which is why I purchased this product. I just wish they had it in the NIV version. Seriously, if the Bible on DVD helps bring someone to Christ...isn't that worth the $29?