Monday, May 08, 2006

Wisdom Of Larry Scubelek

For those that don't Larry, he's a really nice guy, and really smart too. The other night I was working at the church's Fish Fry (mmmm...) and we talked for a bit. He mentioned about how hard it is to take his own medicine, but how you have to do it. He told someone who was going through a problem to stop worrying and give it to God, then something went wrong in his life, and he had to choose to do the same thing. If it's right for you to tell someone else to do it, you have to do it as well, right?

Well, I hit that this week. I've been trying to get my hands on a few programs for my computer to make a CD. So this week I find someone selling them cheap on eBay. Really cheap. One was an older version so I thought this guy was blowing out his old stuff. Nope. All pirated and illegal. Then all these questions ran through my head. "How can I make a worship or Christian CD with illegal programs?" "How can I make the pastors' sermon CD's will something illegal?" or my favorite "How can I tell the guys and gals at church not to download illegal stuff if I have it?"

But I'll tell you what, it was really hard when you're holding in your hand everything you need and have been waiting for for oh so long...

T

No comments: