Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Why Do We Do What We Do?

In Romans 7 Paul says, "I do not understand the things I do. I do not do what I want to do, and I do the things I hate." I read this story a few minutes ago and it made me think of that verse...

"A toothless man has been arrested for stealing toothbrushes. According to O Dia newspaper, 32-year-old Ednor Rodrigues was filmed taking seven toothbrushes from a supermarket in Ribeirao Preto, Brazil. When he was approached by the police, he tried to deny the robbery - even showing the officers his toothless mouth. He finally admitted to the crime: 'I don't know why I did it. I know it was stupid. I have no teeth, what was I thinking?' " - Sunday Mail [Scotland]

In staff meeting today we were talking about how so many people hold themselves back from really getting to know God and/or serving Him because they feel stupid about what they've done, although in reality it more than likely is not as bad as what others have done, we just build it up so bad in our minds. So tell me, can you get more stupid than stealing toothbrushes when you have no teeth?

T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about dying for a world that hates and rejects you?

Be of Good Courage, my young friend.