Friday, May 19, 2006

TV Addiction

Sorry, it's been a busy week...

But here's what I learned today. I saw something I have never seen before. I'm not sure if it's marketing genius or just more proof that our society is taking a nose-dive. The sad part is it will probably sell more than it should. You ready?

I saw a fridge... with a television built into the door.

That's right. We need TV's in every room but we don't want them to take up space, so we have flat panel TV's, but that's not enough. Now there's one in the door of the fridge.

Now I understand the idea of having a TV in the kitchen, especially if you're cooking something that takes an hour, but really doesn't require that much thinking. Maybe I'm a little spoiled in my tiny apartment where I can watch TV from my kitchen because my living room is just around the corner. But to actually put a TV in the door of the fridge?

The only thing coming to mind is that scene in Back To The Future where Marty McFly is sitting with his family in the 50's and they can't believe that someone would have two TV's...

T

No comments: