Friday, July 09, 2010

Was It Attitude Or Actions?

I've been reading in Acts lately and I keep thinking about how people seemed to just flock to the disciples. The message of a loving God caused people from all over to swarm the believers and ask for more.

It lead me to thinking why that doesn't happen today. Is it because it's an old story now? I don't think so, the gospel is still as valid today as it was then. But then there were miracles, people healed, people struck blind, all sorts of things that no one could argue with.

And although I see that, I wonder if it had more to do with the disciples attitudes than the miracles they performed (or more specifically, God performed through them). After all, they were living this out in a way I don't think we see any more. They had faith to believe they could do miracles. They preached the message of a loving God to anyone who would hear. They went to jail and some even died for this message. We don't want to bring it up because it might make someone uncomfortable.

I don't know, we have a lot of tricks we could use today, things that could seem like miracles. But even if someone were to receive their sight after being blind, would we believe the healer if they treated it like, "meh, whatever"...?

T

No comments: