Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Princess And The Frog

It's the new Disney movie, so of course Lorie and I went and saw it yesterday (we like going to see movies at 2 in the afternoon, there were 8 people in the theater including us).

It was pretty good. Again Disney spun a story that most people know, and I really wanted to go back to Louisiana and get some food after the movie. But all in all it was good.

What amazes me though is how thorough Disney is. After the movie we went and did some Christmas shopping. We decided to stop at the Disney store and see if they had anything for Raymond, a character in the movie. The entire front of the store, all Princess and the Frog stuff. All of it. You could get anything you want for the movie. One girl at the showing before us was even dressed as the princess in the costume that just came out.

I don't know, I just kind of wish the church would operate like this. We have a great story to share, one the is life changing. Disney took a story, presented it well, then gave you the ability to take it home with you. Isn't that what we should be doing?

By the way, I wanted to talk about the movie, but I won't ruin it for anyone. I'll just say it was worth the $6 (another advantage to 2 in the afternoon).

T

No comments: