Saturday, December 05, 2009

Too Famous

A verse I came across while reading:

Mark 1:45 ~ The man left there, but he began to tell everyone that Jesus had healed him, and so he spread the news about Jesus. As a result, Jesus could not enter a town if people saw Him. He stayed in places where nobody lived, but people came to Him from everywhere. (NCV)

Could you imagine never being able to enter a town because you would be mobbed? I take for granted living in a suburb where I can drive a few minutes and have everything at my fingertips. What about Jesus? He couldn't even stay in a rown like that. Did He have to pack food because He would be staying out in the middle of nowhere? I mean, what did that look like, to be so cut off from everyone when He wanted to rest?

And yet, He still couldn't be alone because people would follow Him out there!

I don't know, maybe being popular can make you more lonely than we think...

T

No comments: